European Policy Coordinator MSP and MPA networks
Location: WWF European Policy Office, Brussels
This position will play a key role in delivering WWF’s European marine conservation and governance work, with an emphasis on marine and maritime policy. S/he acts as a Brussels-based policy advocate vis-à-vis relevant European Union (EU) and European Commission (EC) institutions, and helps represent WWF before external audiences and within WWF’s network. S/he helps coordinate the related activities of WWF offices in EU member states, and provides a vital liaison with WWF activities promoting an ecosystem approach to marine spatial planning and biodiversity conservation.
- Degree or advanced technical qualifications relevant to the field of MSP and MPA governance, marine conservation, and/or spatial management.
- 5-8 years professional experience, preferably with experience in marine/maritime policy in Europe.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- An ability to interpret and analyse technical scientific, social and economic marine and maritime data and apply it to WWF’s biodiversity conservation work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to communicate complicated messages authoritatively and succinctly to different audiences and through different fora (e.g. policy briefs, presentations). Additional European languages advantageous.
- Strong networking and team skills appropriate for a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Proven ability to act as organizational spokesperson and interact effectively with government representatives; significant experience interacting with fishing industry would be a strong advantage.
- Good knowledge of the WWF network and its global programme of work.
- Experience of working on marine spatial planning, and understanding the complexities of EU marine biodiversity legislation.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: “Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging”.
How to apply?Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 19th November 2017
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.