EU ETS: Knock out the Toxic Tonnes!
Read more about WWF's work on Climate & Energy
See all photos
Alba Malaga Homs
Communication & New Media Officer
WWF European Policy Office,
+32 2 743 88 13
• WWF DG, Marco Lambertini, at Green Week 2014. Brussels, 4 June 2014
• WWF at Green Week 2014. 100% sustainably sourced - How to make it happen? Brussels, 5 June 2014
• High-Level Conference on Mapping and Assessment of Ecosystems and their Services (MAES) in Europe. Brussels, 22 May 2014
• Natura 2000 Awards. The winners received trophies from the European Commissioner for the Environment, Janez Potočnik, Tony Long, Director at the WWF European Policy Office, along with other members of the award Jury. Brussels, 21 May 2014
• Earth Hour in the European Parliament. Members of the European Parliament give their support to and call on their constituencies to do their bit to save the planet. Brussels, 18-19 March 2014
Euro-Toques chef cooks LiveWell plate at the European ParliamentFrom October until December 2014 LiveWell for LIFE and Euro-Toques, the EU's chef's association, were in the restaurants of the European Parliament for a series of cooking demonstrations on healthy and sustainable diets. The events took place on 1st October, 18 November and 2nd December.
Read more about LiveWell for LIFE
See all photos
TEDxWWF 2014, One Planet LivingMEPs sent their messages to the new European Commission during the Green10 reception at the European Parliament.
Brussels, 24 September 2014
• WWF debate: "Empowering African Communities to Sustainable Energy Access": WWF and the NGO Barefoot College have started working with women from the poorest communities in rural Africa to train them to become solar engineers and develop clean sustainable energy systems. The project was presented in Brussels on the occasion of the European Development Days in November 2013
• Launch of Visualizing Energy photo exhibition: Brussels, 26 June 2013
• The Parliament gets the 2014 edition of the Future Times: Brussels, 19 June 2013
• All aboard for sustainable oceans!: On 13 May 2013, civil society, citizens, children, fishermen and politicians met in front of the Council building in Brussels, where Fisheries Ministers were meeting, to urge them to put an end to 30 years of ocean mismanagement and “get on board to end overfishing!”
• Put the right price on pollution: WWF and CAN Europe live carbon auction in front of the European Parliament with a giant black balloon representing one tonne of CO2 emissions and outlandish bidders. Brussels, 09 April 2013
• Stop bankrupting our oceans: citizens, fishermen and industry call on Europe to make the right decision for the future of fish. European Parliament (Strasbourg), 05 February 2013
• 150,000 people demand better EU fishing laws. WWF Stop bankrupting our oceans petition handover at the European Parliament (Brussels), 6 November 2012.
• Green Groups: no medals in sight for Barroso II, Brussels, 03 July 2012
• Choosing the right fish dish. WWF and Euro-Toques event, European Parliament (Brussels), 08 May 2012.
• WWF and the Alliance for Common Fisheries Policy Reform debate, European Seafood Expo (Brussels), 25 April 2012.
• Voices from the Farm, WWF event, European Parliament (Brussels), 24 April 2012.
• More Fish event in front of the European Council (Brussels), 16 December 2011.
• WWF & OECD 50th Anniversary Reception, Brussels, 11 October 2011.
• Resources Unlimited? Conference, Brussels, 11 October 2011.