Alba Malaga Homs
Communication & New Media Officer
WWF European Policy Office
+32 2 743 88 13
• Put the right price on pollution: WWF and CAN Europe live carbon auction in front of the European Parliament with a giant black balloon representing one tonne of CO2 emissions and outlandish bidders. Brussels, 09 April 2013
• Stop bankrupting our oceans: citizens, fishermen and industry call on Europe to make the right decision for the future of fish. European Parliament (Strasbourg), 05 February 2013
Brussels, 3 - 4 June 2014
WWF at Green Week 2014
High-Level Conference on Mapping and Assessment of Ecosystems and their Services (MAES) in Europe
Brussels, 22 May 2014
Natura 2000 Awards
The winners of the first Natura 2000 Awards were announced at a ceremony in Brussels in May 21th. The winners received trophies from the European Commissioner for the Environment, Janez Potočnik, Tony Long, Director at the WWF European Policy Office, along with other members of the award Jury.
Know more about the winners
Earth Hour 2014 in the European Parliament
Members of the European Parliament give their support to and call on their constituencies to do their bit to save the planet.
Brussels, 18-19 March 2014
Know more about Earth Hour 2014
SOS! EU Climate Action Lost at Sea!
WWF debate: "Empowering African Communities to Sustainable Energy Access"
WWF and the Indian NGO Barefoot College have started working with women from the poorest communities in rural Africa to train them to become solar engineers and develop clean sustainable energy systems. The project was presented in Brussels on the occasion of the European Development Days in November 2013.
Launch of Visualizing Energy photo exhibition
Brussels, 26 June 2013
• Green Groups: no medals in sight for Barroso II, Brussels, 03 July 2012
• Choosing the right fish dish. WWF and Euro-Toques event, European Parliament (Brussels), 08 May 2012.
• WWF and the Alliance for Common Fisheries Policy Reform debate, European Seafood Expo (Brussels), 25 April 2012.
• Voices from the Farm, WWF event, European Parliament (Brussels), 24 April 2012.
• More Fish event in front of the European Council (Brussels), 16 December 2011.
• WWF & OECD 50th Anniversary Reception, Brussels, 11 October 2011.
• Resources Unlimited? Conference, Brussels, 11 October 2011.
The Parliament gets the 2014 edition of the Future Times
Brussels, 19 June 2013
All aboard for sustainable oceans!
On 13 May 2013, civil society, citizens, children, fishermen and politicians met in front of the Council building in Brussels, where Fisheries Ministers are meeting over the next two days, to urge them to put an end to 30 years of ocean mismanagement and “get on board to end overfishing!”